Marion House is a five bed home consisting of 1 bedroom on the ground floor, 3 bedrooms on the first floor and 1 studio apartment on the second floor. All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. There is a large garden and a separate therapy/activity annex.
The home is situated in a leafy village close to local amenities. Derby City Centre is 4 miles away and Nottingham City Centre is 14 miles away. Marion House is easily accessible due to good road and rail links.
As part of our care pathway, Marion House enables each individual to build upon their skills to achieve further independence, self-advocacy and confidence, leading to better quality of life.
Our team supports individuals in creating person-centred activity planners and developing daily living skills both inside the home and out in the community. Our staff use least restrictive practice approaches and are trained in specialised intervention techniques and sensory integration strategies.
“I have worked with Marion House for a couple of years now and I am always so impressed by the compassion and care shown by all.”Local authority professional
Our resident profile:
- Adults from the age of 18 years
- Individuals with a diagnosis of autism and learning disability
- May present with behaviours that challenge
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
- May have an ECHP (Education Healthcare Plan)
- May be subjected to DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards) or Care Orders
- En-suite bedrooms – individuals are encouraged to personalise their own room
- One studio apartment
- Spacious communal lounge and dining room
- Accessible kitchen
- Therapy / activity annexe
- Large garden
Our community links:
- Elvaston Castle Country Park
- Pride Park Stadium
- Derbion Shopping Centre
- Nottingham Forest Football Club
- Places of worship
- Local shops, cafés and restaurants
- Good road and rail networks
Please click on the images to enlarge.