Cygnet continually works to improve the quality of treatment for those who use our services. We aim to always have the person at the centre of their care and to keep our standards high.
Some of the ways we support these commitments are to provide:
- Experienced specialists – there is always an appropriately qualified consultant doctor available.
- A comprehensive daily therapy and activity programme available for all – created by specialist staff.
- High standards of staffing. This includes providing a continuous programme of learning and development for all employees, evidence-based training and regular staff appraisals alongside a high staff to service user ratio allowing individual care.
- User involvement – service users are encouraged and supported to be involved in the day to day running of each service – helping us ensure the correct high standards of accommodation, catering, therapy and activities are provided.
- Regular monitoring and audits – through monitoring policies and procedures regularly, we make sure they are in line with up-to-date professional guidelines and proven good practice. We also arrange independent audits of our clinical care and management systems and make the reports available to all relevant bodies.
- Adherence to national standards – we are committed to maintaining national good practice standards and are members of quality review forums such as QNIC and The Quality Network, and are monitored by an independent regulator (CQC).