Thornfield House supports 7 individuals and offers spacious communal areas including a lounge, dining room, kitchen, and a large activity/cinema room. Externally we have beautiful gardens to the front and the rear of the building which feature, plenty of space for outdoor games, bbq, a seating area and a sensory room.
Located in the suburbs of Idle in Bradford, the home is within close proximity to local services and amenities, including major transport links. The residents not only can access local towns and cities but we are very close to the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
We believe that it is essential for individual’s well-being to have purpose in their day-to-day life and to learn new skills. We have established different work projects to introduce vocational and learning activities where the individuals we support can learn valuable life skills and develop confidence.
Ongoing assessments enable us to meet the changing needs of individuals as they progress through their care pathway while ensuring their safety is maintained and their independence supported. Regular review meetings involving the individuals, their family and professionals are held to review outcomes, set new goals and re-assess support levels as individuals’ progress. The management and staff team have comprehensive training, including all mandatory training and bespoke training specific to the needs of the residents.
Individuals come to Thornfield House for different reasons; they may require more support than can be provided in a supported living setting or they may be moving along their care pathway from a hospital placement. Whatever the reason, the team can offer specialist input based on individual need to deliver flexible and effective support
“I am 100% happy with Thornfield House. They cannot improve on anything. They give my son everything he needs and more”
Our resident profile:
- Adults from the age of 18
- Individuals with a primary diagnosis of learning disability accompanied with challenging behaviour including mental illness, co-morbid substance misuse or a forensic background
- Individuals with a secondary diagnosis of personality disorder or autism
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
Our community links:
- Local cafés, restaurants and pubs
- Local colleges, gyms and libraries
- Bradford and Shipley town centre – shops, cinema, museums
- Local parks including Otley Chevin and Yeardon Tarn
- 7 en-suite bedrooms
- Dining room
- Large activity/cinema room
- Sensory room
- Gardens to the front and rear
Please click on the images to enlarge.