We encourage and enable the individuals we support to lead a full and happy life. We work with them to ensure they have more choice and control in their lives. We find out their strengths, abilities and preferences so that the care provided can be as person-centred and meaningful to each individual as possible.
Cherry Tree House offers six self-contained apartments, configured to meet the needs of the residents in single occupancy accommodation offering them the next step along their care pathway towards greater independence. Each apartment has its own bedroom, living and dining space, bathroom and kitchen. The ground floor apartments have their own garden as well as being able to share the larger communal garden with upstairs apartments.
Located down a quiet lane, just a 10 minute drive from the bustling town of Mansfield, the individuals supported at Cherry Tree House have access to a large and varied range of community facilities and activities, including cinemas, bowling and local events.
Ongoing assessment and a core staff team means that we are able to meet the changing needs of individuals as they progress through their care pathway while ensuring their safety is maintained and their independence is supported.
We ensure day-to-day practice is embedded in an overarching framework of support whereby the whole team around the person consciously takes into account the interaction, communication and flexibility of each individual we support. We provide a comprehensive individually tailored care and support plan that is delivered by the staff team in an integrated, systematic and consistent manner.
Our resident profile:
- Adults from the age of 18 years
- Individuals with a primary diagnosis of learning disability accompanied with behaviours that challenge including mental illness or a forensic background
- Individuals with a secondary diagnosis of autism
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
- May have mobility issues
Our community links:
- Whitepost Farm
- Mansfield Museum and Art Gallery
- Sherwood Pines
- Rufford Abbey Park
- Alton Towers
- Water Meadow Leisure Centre
- Retail parks and local shops
- Cinemas and bowling alleys
- Restaurants, pubs and cafes
Please click on the images to enlarge.