Located in Huddersfield just next to Greenhead College and Park, the service provides support to individuals who are ready to take responsibility for the continuation of their own rehabilitation and recovery in a safe environment, whilst living in the wider community.
The service focuses on continuing practicing life skills and coping strategies. We concentrate on community based activities, the use of public transport, education and vocational therapy, job placements, work experience and development of hobbies and interests.
What sets us apart from other services is that we plan and evidence for discharge at the point of entry, with the Visual Discharge Plan (VDP). This approach involves a collaborative process between the individual, their families and the MDT and staff team. It puts the person at the heart of their care and takes into account what’s important to the individual and also balances this with the clinical need. An action plan is designed and implemented to assist the individual in achieving his or her unique, personal goals along their journey of recovery. These plans are ‘goal oriented’ and they:
- Promote recovery rather than only trying to minimise illness
- Are based on the individual’s own goals and aspirations
- Articulate the individual’s own role and the role of the team and family members in assisting the individual to achieve their goals
- Emphasize the use of natural community settings rather than segregated program settings; and, allow for uncertainty, setbacks, and disagreements as inevitable steps on the path to greater self-determination.
Our admission suite:
At Gledholt Mews & Coach House we offer our unique organic hub & spoke environment with our 3 bed admission suite which is designed to wrap around the person rather than a fixed environment.
Our hub & spoke support team works exclusively with the VDP pathway and offers support within a community setting with challenging behaviours, increased risk and relapse prevention and management with a risk traffic light system. The core cluster hub & spoke model follows the VDP Pathway from the point of accepting the assessment/admission through to their entire stay within our service.
If the individual has to move from their community environment on to our admission suite or back to their service, our ‘hub and spoke wrap around’ will continue working with the community teams monitoring and managing relapse and work with the staff and community teams to significantly reduce the risk of relapse and upscale hospital admissions.
Our multi-disciplinary team (MDT):
We have in-house MDT wrap around service that is designed to support the individual in our care throughout their journey with us and is designed to capture and manage risk and relapse in community settings including:
- Psychology assistants
- Occupational therapist
- Speech and language therapists
Our resident profile:
- Mixed, aged 18+ (Mental health community rehabilitation)
- Female, aged 18+ (Personality disorder community rehabilitation)
- Primary diagnosis of mental illness or personality disorder
- Typical diagnoses include: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar affective disorder or depression and personality disorder
- May have a secondary diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder
- May have a forensic history and/or be stepping down from secure services
- May have a history of repeated acute admissions
- 4 mental health community rehabilitation self-contained flats, each featuring a lounge/diner, kitchen and en-suite bedroom
- 6 personality disorder community rehabilitation self-contained flats, each featuring a lounge/diner, kitchen and en-suite bedroom
- 8 mental health community rehabilitation en-suite bedrooms
- 3 bed admission suite
- Garden with outdoor seating
- Multi-faith room
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Kitchen
- Dining room and lounge
- Activity room
- Tribunal / meeting room
- Assisted bathroom
Our community links:
- Walking distance to Huddersfield Town Centre
- Local colleges providing further learning for adults
- Local library
- Greenhead Park with tennis courts, fish ponds and garden areas
- Variety of shops and good transport links
- Working in partnerships with Kirklees on community projects such as conservation work, working allotments, nature trails, mountain trail biking
Please click on the images to enlarge.