We are dedicated to understand, stabilise and break the traumatic cycles of relapse that can impact individuals’ lives. Our service has been designed with wellness in mind, providing a safe and comfortable environment that promotes efficient rehabilitation and recovery.
Cygnet Raglan House is within walking distance to Smethwick Town Centre which is well placed to provide meaningful rehabilitation. It has libraries, community colleges, shops, a 24 hour Gym, 24 hour supermarkets and various places of worship. Birmingham City centre is approximately 15 minutes drive from the service.
“We owe a lot to Raglan House for giving us our daughter back.”Family member
Our psychology and occupational therapy-led interventions effectively tackle the challenges of mental health and alongside our clinical interventions, we help women enhance their personal skills to rebuild their lives. Our care embraces a balanced approach to risk management and therapeutic optimism. Service users have access to a range of therapies and opportunities and care plans are individualised.
The local community is an essential step along the pathway to independence, for both leisure pursuits and for social training such as shopping and using public transport. External activities are tailored to individual needs and wishes and our membership in a local neighbourhood forum provides links to local businesses and voluntary organisations.
Read about how the team at Cygnet Raglan House transformed Jasmin’s life.
“Real heroes don’t wear capes, they wear uniforms and work in hospitals and are called nurses. Thank you for being my batman.”Service user
Our service user profile:
- Women aged 18+
- Detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) or informal
- Primary diagnosis of mental illness with:
- Complex comorbidities
- Substance, drug and alcohol abuse
- Treatment resistance
- Behaviours that challenge
- Aiming for a return to the community or community-based care
- History of sexual abuse or domestic violence
- Typical diagnoses: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar affective disorder or depression
- May have secondary diagnoses of mild learning disability, personality disorder or neurodevelopmental disorders including autistic spectrum disorder, ADHD and dyspraxia
- May have a forensic history and/or be stepping down from secure services
- May have a history of repeated acute admissions
- En-suite bedrooms (6 of which are on the ground floor for individuals with physical health needs)
- Therapy kitchen
- Variety of activity areas
- Dining room
- Living room
- Enclosed garden
- Beauty salon
- IT café
Please click on the images to enlarge.
A Career with Cygnet Raglan House
Join our amazing nursing teams in Birmingham!
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.