The aim of our services is assessment, stabilisation, treatment and engagement, with a view to supporting service users in the least restrictive environment appropriate to their needs. Our services are recovery-focused, with the aim of preparing individuals for a move to rehabilitation or step-down services, and ultimately, back into the community wherever possible.
“The staff have been excellent and helped us and our son tremendously. Thank you.”Family member
Our comprehensive in-house multi-disciplinary team includes Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy, alongside psychiatry, nursing and support workers.
Services at Cygnet Hospital Colchester:
- Highwoods Ward – Acute Service for Men
- Oak Court – Acute Admission / Intensive Support Service for Men with a Learning Disability
- Larch Court – Acute Admission / Intensive Support Service for Men with an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Ramsey Unit – High Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation Service for Men
- En-suite bedrooms
- Extensive communal spaces
- Interlinked gardens
- Lounge equipped with interactive entertainment systems
- Dining room
- Therapy Kitchen and laundry service to support skills development
Our community links:
- Gateway College and Wilson Marriage College
- Colchester United Football Club
- Voluntary work centres
- Horticultural community programmes
- Places of leisure and entertainment
- Charity partnerships and fund raising initiatives
- Community environment projects and social outings
Please click on the images to enlarge.
A Career with Cygnet Hospital Colchester
Join our amazing nursing teams in Colchester!
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.