By combining a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach, we deliver high-quality care using our unique 4 stage model of care for our mental health high dependency inpatient rehabilitation services.
Cygnet Sherwood House is located in Rainworth, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire with good local transport links to Mansfield, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield. We have plenty of community facilities nearby and also lots of places of interest including Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood.
Within the service we have 30 en-suite bedrooms, 7 of which are located on the assessment corridor on the ground floor. These ground floor rooms can be used for those individuals with
mobility issues and would find stairs difficult, but they can also be used for individuals who need a higher level of observation by the staff. Additionally, we have a gym, two gardens including an allotment, a multi-faith room and two therapy kitchens. Meals at Cygnet Sherwood House are served in the dining room and they run on a café system. There is a large variety of choice that caters for individual preferences and dietary requirements.
Our dedicated clinical team provide a multi-disciplinary input including occupational therapy, psychology, psychiatry and vocational training. However, we offer more than just specialists and treatments, we value the service users as individuals, help enhance their interests and abilities, encourage them to share their views and help them unlock their talents and aspirations.
Our service user profile:
- Men aged 18+
- Detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) or informal
- Primary diagnosis of mental illness with:
- Complex comorbidities
- Substance, drug and alcohol abuse
- Treatment resistance
- Behaviours that challenge
- Aiming for a return to the community or community-based care
- History of sexual abuse or domestic violence
- Typical diagnoses: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar affective disorder or depression
- May have secondary diagnoses of mild learning disability, autism spectrum disorder or personality disorder
- May have a forensic history and/or be stepping down from secure services
- May have a history of repeated acute admissions
- En-suite bedrooms
- Two therapy kitchens
- Variety of activity areas
- Three lounges
- Private visitors area
- Enclosed garden with allotment
- IT café
- Tuck shop
- Multi-faith room
Please click on the images to enlarge.