Rehabilitation is provided in a therapeutic setting, with a level of security matched to individual needs. The aim of the treatment, rehabilitation and re-socialisation programme is to prepare the individuals in our care either for transfer to an environment of lesser security, or for a life in the community.
We have a substantive multi-disciplinary team (MDT) comprising of a hospital manager, clinical manager, consultant psychiatrist, specialty doctor, psychologist, assistant psychologist, occupational therapist, therapy co-ordinator and nursing and support workers. We work closely with the local community, including dieticians and primary care.
We promote physical health, wellbeing and meaningful occupation as part of our treatment programme, using strong community links to facilitate individualised wellbeing plans.
We adopt an integrated modular approach to treatment for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder, accounting for diagnostic differences, NICE guidelines and the work of Livesley (2004).
With a focus on interpersonal relationships, we use individual formulation to deliver a personalised and integrated combination of psychotherapeutic and pharmacological interventions. These can include:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Schema Focused Therapy (SFT)
Our aim is to address the core features of personality disorder: emotional regulation, interpersonal functioning, and self-identity and to prepare the women in our care for a transition to life back in the community.
Our service user profile:
- Women, aged 18+ years
- Complex mental health needs, challenging behaviours and a primary or secondary diagnosis of personality disorder
- May be detained under the Mental Health Act
- May have a history of substance misuse or dependency
- May have experienced regular placement breakdowns
- Sustained relational and social functioning problems
- Forensic or non-forensic history
- Capacity to engage
- Referrals accepted from Tiers 1-4
- En-suite bedrooms
- Dining room
- Therapy kitchen
- Laundry room
- Communal lounge/TV room
- Extensive garden
- Sensory room
- Treatment room
Virtual Video Tour
Please click on the images to enlarge.
For more information or to make a referral please call 0808 164 4450 or email [email protected].