There is a diverse educational programme teaching a range of subjects available at the on-site school, Summit School.
We offer a rapid response system, and aim to respond to referral requests within an hour of receiving appropriate clinical information. Referrals are accepted from all over the UK, many of which are emergency admissions.
“Thanks for putting the kids first, thanks for always checking on us. It doesn’t go unnoticed”Young Person on Pixie Ward
Pixie Ward has full Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT) input including a specialist doctor, psychologist, social worker, occupational therapist, ward manager, consultant psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, speech and language therapist, clinical team leaders, BACP registered therapists, dietitian, nurses, healthcare assistants, social workers and family liaison officer and educational support from full-time teachers and educational support staff.
“I am training to be an electrician, thanks to all the help and support you gave me during my stay. Here is £20 from my first wage to buy some biscuits. BIG THANK YOU.”Young Person on Pixie Ward
Our service user profile:
- Age 12-18
- Detained under the Mental Health Act or informal
- Diagnosis of:
- Self-harm and/or suicidal ideation
- Depression or anxiety
- Emerging personality disorder
- Substance misuse – providing there is a primary diagnosis of a mental health problem
- Emotional, social and behavioural difficulties
- Borderline/mild learning disability as a secondary diagnosis
- Autism spectrum disorders, with a mental health primary diagnosis
- May have a forensic history