The service supports young people aged between 12 and 18 with mental health needs in low secure, psychiatric intensive care and acute environments. The aim of the service is to help young people stabilise and return home as soon as possible.
The development of the service including the environment and names of the wards has been co-produced with CAMHS experts by experience, carers and young people from our other CAMHS services within Cygnet.
All young people will be able to continue their education through access to our on-site Ofsted-registered school, Summit School, if required.
The services that are provided at the hospital are:
- Dragon Ward – a 10 bed CAMHS low secure service for young people.
- Faun Ward – an 8 bed CAMHS PICU service for girls aged between 12 and 18 with severe mental illness.
- Mermaid Ward – a 10 bed CAMHS PICU service for young people with severe mental illness.
- Pixie Ward – a 14 bed CAMHS acute service for young people.
We are also able to provide bespoke packages of care for young people who may struggle within a busy ward environment.
Virtual Video Tour
“The staff at Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital were kind and caring. The care they gave to my daughter during her inpatient admission was very person centred, and specific to her needs. They managed her risks in much kinder and appropriate way than experienced in the previous unit. Communication with us as a family was fantastic. We were called every evening with an update on her day, and also a weekly ward round was held which we were able to join via Microsoft teams. The MDT input was much appreciated and everybody was determined to make our daughters admission go as smoothly as possible. Thank you Joyce Parker Hospital staff for all you did for our daughter.”Parent
Our Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT):
- Hospital director
- Ward managers
- Consultant psychiatrist
- Clinical psychologist
- Occupational therapist
- Speech and language therapist
- Clinical team leaders
- BACP registered therapists
- Healthcare assistants
- Social workers
- Specialist educational support
- Family liaison officer
Our therapies and interventions:
- Self-harm treatment
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Anger management
- Anxiety management
- Mindfulness groups
- Individual sessions – coping skills and trauma work
- Family therapy
- Daily living skills such as cooking, budgeting, personal care
- Future planning
- Community and social involvement
- Pet therapy
- Young People’s Council
Please click on the images to enlarge.
A Career with Cygnet Joyce Parker Hospital
Join our amazing nursing teams in Coventry!
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.