By combining a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach, we deliver high-quality care using our unique 4 stage model of care for our mental health high dependency inpatient rehabilitation services.
Set amid the rolling hills of Flintshire, Cygnet Delfryn Lodge benefits from not only being part of the beautiful welsh countryside, but also being a short drive away from a lovely community with an extensive array of local amenities including, leisure centres, shops, restaurants and cafes.
Within the service, all bedrooms have en-suite facilities, some of which are situated on the ground floor to support those who may have mobility issues. We have dedicated therapy space, a gym, a beauty salon as well as spacious indoor and outdoor communal areas.
The service provides a safe and comfortable environment that promotes efficient rehabilitation and recovery. We are dedicated to understand, stabilise and break the traumatic cycles of relapse that can impact service users’ lives.
Support is provided to help individuals prepare for independent living, employment and other vocational activities, with a strong focus on financial management and budgeting skills.
We offer more than just specialists and treatments, we value the service users as individuals, help enhance their interests and abilities, encourage them to share their views and help them unlock their talents and aspirations.
Next door we provide a 6 bed community rehabilitation service, Rhyd Alyn. This service enables women to step-down from the hospital setting but still have some additional support.
Our service user profile:
- Women aged 18+
- Detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) or informal
- Primary diagnosis of mental illness with:
- Complex comorbidities
- Substance, drug and alcohol abuse
- Treatment resistance
- Behaviours that may challenge
- Aiming for a return to community or community-based care
- History of sexual abuse or domestic violence
- Typical diagnoses: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar affective disorder or depression
- May have secondary diagnoses of mild learning disability, autism spectrum disorder or personality disorder
- May have a forensic history and/or be stepping down from secure services
- May have a history of repeated acute admissions
- En-suite bedrooms
- Beauty salon
- IT café
- Therapy kitchen
- Spacious communal garden with outdoor seating
Please click on the images to enlarge.