The service has been designed to provide a safe and comfortable environment that promotes recovery for women with its focus on space, personal privacy and dignity.
Access to the local community is an essential step along the pathway to mental health rehabilitation. Located in a residential part of Mexborough, Cygnet Aspen House has excellent shopping facilities available close by, where independence skills are practised. Nearby is a leisure centre for swimming and sports activity and we use the local colleges for literacy and numeracy education and NVQ courses. External activities are tailored to individual needs and wishes.
Within the service, all bedrooms have en-suite facilities, and we have dedicated therapy spaces, a gym, beauty salon and a large comfortable lounge. Externally we have a spacious communal garden with outdoor seating and a polytunnel for growing plants and vegetables.
Our dedicated clinical teams provide a multi-disciplinary input including occupational therapy, psychology, psychiatry and vocational training. Person-centred care plans are devised and determined on individual need.
Support is provided to help individuals prepare for independent living, employment and other vocational activities. Aspen House has a strong focus on financial management and budgeting skills. We also offer a range of internal therapeutic earning positions where service users have the opportunity to apply for, be interviewed for and take on the responsibility of a suitable job.
“Cygnet Aspen House has provided a safe therapeutic environment for the service user to progress and to begin to express her needs.”Care coordinator
Our service user profile:
- Women aged 18+
- Detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) or informal
- Primary diagnosis of mental illness with:
- Complex comorbidities
- Substance, drug and alcohol abuse
- Treatment resistance
- Behaviours that may challenge
- Aiming for a return to community or community-based care
- History of sexual abuse or domestic violence
- Typical diagnoses: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar affective disorder or depression
- May have secondary diagnoses of mild learning disability, autism spectrum disorder or personality disorder
- May have a forensic history and/or be stepping down from secure services
- May have a history of repeated acute admissions
- En-suite bedrooms
- Beauty salon
- Self-modulation room
- Therapy kitchen
- Horticulture polytunnel
- Spacious communal garden with outdoor seating
Our community links:
- Good transport links to local town centres
- Doncaster College / Adult and Family Community Learning
- Leisure centre
- Art galleries and museums
- Local shops, cafes and restaurants
Please click on the images to enlarge.
A Career with Cygnet Aspen House
Join our amazing nursing teams in Doncaster!
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.