Conifers is a seven bed home with en-suite bedrooms located on the ground floor, enabling the team to support individuals who may be in a wheelchair.
The home is situated in a leafy village close to local amenities. Derby City Centre is 4 miles away and Nottingham City Centre is 14 miles away. Conifers is easily accessible due to good road and rail links.
As part of our care pathway, Conifers enables each individual to build upon their skills to achieve further independence, self-advocacy and confidence, leading to a better quality of life.
Our team supports individuals in creating person-centred activity planners and developing daily living skills both inside the home and out in the community. Our staff use least restrictive practice approaches and are trained in specialised intervention techniques and sensory integration strategies.
We offer a wide variety of activities for individuals to choose from, including, community outings, sensory therapy, 1:1 activities or simply relaxing indoors listening to music.
Our resident profile
- Adults from the age of 18 years
- Individuals with a primary diagnosis of learning disabilities
- May have autism
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
- May have physical disabilities and require specialist mobility equipment
- En-suite bedrooms
- Hoist and specialist beds
- Spacious communal areas
- Outside spaces including a sensory garden & conservatory
- Laundry facilities
- Recreational and arts facilities
- Wheelchair accessible rooms
Our community links
- Elvaston Castle Country Park
- Pride Park Stadium
- Derbion Shopping Centre
- Nottingham Forest Football Club
- Places of worship
- Local shops, cafés and restaurants
- Good road and rail networks
Please click on the images to enlarge.