Person-centred planning is at the heart of everything we do, based on each person’s specific needs. We understand that consistency and continuity of care is important for the individuals we care for.
Birches has 6 en-suite bedrooms as well as numerous communal spaces including 2 lounges, a dining room, a sensory room, IT suite and a large kitchen. Externally there are 2 gardens, one large garden with a swing, trampoline and vegetable patch and a quiet sensory garden also.
The home is located near to the bustling town and city centres of Newark, Lincoln, Grantham and Nottingham, providing easy reach to local amenities, including parks, pubs, restaurants and leisure facilities.
As part of our care pathway, we enable each individual to build upon their skills to achieve further independence, self-advocacy and confidence, leading to a better quality of life.
The team supports each individual to create person-centred activity planners and develop daily living skills both inside the home and out in the community. The integrated multi-disciplinary team (MDT) consists of occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, psychology and psychiatry.
Our staff use least restrictive practice approaches and are trained in specialised intervention techniques and sensory integration strategies.
We understand that the relationships our residents have with their family and friends are very important and integral to their well-being. Therefore we ensure that we enable the individual to stay in touch with loved ones and can facilitate home visits.
Our resident profile:
- Adults from the age of 18 years
- Individuals with a diagnosis of autism and learning disability
- May present with behaviours that challenge
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
- May be subjected to DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards) or Care Orders
- En-suite bedrooms
- Dining room
- Large garden including a sensory garden, vegetable patch, swing and trampoline
- Sensory room
- Activities of daily living kitchen
Our community links:
- Leisure Centres
- Retail parks and local shops
- Cinemas and bowling alleys
- Restaurants, pubs and cafés
- Good public transport links
- Local seaside towns
- Local parks
Please click on the images to enlarge.