We encourage and enable the individuals we support to lead a full and happy life. We work with them to ensure they have more choice and control in their lives. We find out their strengths, abilities and preferences so that the care provided can be as person-centred and meaningful to each individual as possible.
The service is split into Beckly House and Beckly Lodge. Beckly House has 8 en-suite bedrooms, 3 of which are on the ground floor and are suitable for individuals with mobility issues. In addition, they have communal living areas including a lounge, dining room, a conservatory and activity space. Beckly Lodge is two 2-bed units, each with their own en-suite toilets. One of the units has a shared living space for 2 individuals in a large open plan area whilst the second 2-bed unit has separate lounges for the individuals who live there. Externally there is a large garden with plenty of space for outdoor activities, sports, barbeques and parties.
Beckly is located in the village of Shelf, which is in-between the cities of Halifax and Bradford. In a great location, steeped with history, the service is close to many community facilities, fantastic nature walks and good transport links. The residents are encouraged to be involved in the local community as much or as little as they wish to be.
In conjunction with the other local Cygnet residential services, we have some fantastic projects that residents can attend regularly including bakery, textiles and horticultural work. These projects introduce vocational and learning activities designed to give residents the opportunity to learn valuable skills and develop confidence in a safe and familiar environment.
Our resident profile:
- Adults from the age of 18
- Individuals with a primary diagnosis of learning disability accompanied with behaviours that challenge including mental illness or a forensic background
- Individuals with a secondary diagnosis of personality disorder or autism
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
Our community links:
- Cafés and restaurants
- Local colleges & libraries
- Beauty salons
- Theatres and cinemas
- Bowling and other leisure facilities
- Beautiful parks and countryside on the doorstep
- Great public transport links
- En-suite bedrooms (some that are suitable for individuals with mobility issues)
- Dining room
- Large garden suitable for entertaining and playing sports
Please click on the images to enlarge.