We empower each individual to function to a higher therapeutic level with careful consideration of staffing interventions and clinical input. This gives our residents the freedom and independence to flourish and develop their skills.
The service is made up of three, two bed bungalows with a shared spacious garden and outdoor seating. Each bungalow has its own open plan lounge and kitchen where individuals are supported to develop their daily living skills. In addition, each bungalow has two en-suite bedrooms and the men we support are encouraged to personalise their own space.
Each resident receives an individualised care and support plan which is tailored to their own needs. This helps enable them to achieve successful community living and break a cycle of placement breakdown.
4, 5, 7 The Sycamores is located in the picturesque market town of South Normanton and two miles away from the busy Alfreton town centre. Residents have access to all the local amenities to ensure full integration into community life.
Our resident profile:
- Male, aged 18+
- Primary diagnosis of mild / borderline learning disability
- May have autism spectrum disorder
- May be informal or Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Spacious garden with outdoor seating
- Three, two bed bungalows
- En-suite bedrooms
- Each bungalow has its own open plan lounge and kitchen where residents are supported to develop their daily living skills
Our community links:
- South Normanton Hub providing training opportunities
- Local colleges
- Local gym and leisure centre
- McArthurGlen shopping outlet
- Local high street
- Great public transport links
- Derbyshire Peak District
- Tissington Trail
- High Peak Trail