We support individuals with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and behaviours that challenge. Individuals are supported to hold their own tenancy agreement with a registered housing association. Individuals who are interested in living here may have previously been detained within a hospital setting and are ready for a step-down placement within their local community.
“I have lived at different facilities but this is the first place I truly call home. I have not had a mental health or drug relapse since moving to my own home thanks to Cygnet and the staff team have really supported me. The staff really care for you and at the same time help you live independently. I am feeling really positive about my future now thanks to the team here.”Tenant, North West Supported Living
We support individuals in a number of different locations including:
- Macclesfield – 9 single occupancy apartments
- Preston – 1 bed single occupancy house
- Warrington – 1 bed single occupancy house
- Wigan – 2 bed dual occupancy house
- Wigan – 1 bed single occupancy house
Cygnet Health Care are experienced in supporting individuals who may lack capacity to choose where they live and would work closely alongside our commissioning partners to ensure that correct legal frameworks are in place in order for them to live successfully in the community.
Offering experienced, trained staff twenty-four hours a day, the service benefits from a core staffing team. Each tenant would be allocated an experienced and consistent staff team and training would be bespoke to individual support needs which enables tenants to live as independently and safely as possible.
“I’ve really turned a corner. I finally feel safe again. I can go out the front door and not worry about the harm which might come to me. The staff are amazing, they are all there to help you. I feel I am getting all my confidence back and I have a smile back on my face. I wouldn’t be like this now without the staff here.”Tenant, North West Supported Living
When individuals come to North West Supported Living, we take the time to get to know them, their preferences, as well as their hopes and dreams for the future. We support individuals with a personal discharge plan to achieve their goals and aspirations and ensure they feel they are in control of their own life.
How we support individuals:
- Working with them to find out their strengths, abilities and preferences – We get to know them, their families, carers advocates and other people who are important to them and their care and support
- Helping individuals to set goals as part of their support plan
- Working with individuals to help them achieve their goals
- Making sure that individuals have easy read information about their rights and choices in whatever format and language they choose
- Providing person-centred practical help for individuals, such as training and support on how to manage their home, their money, gardening, housework and healthy living
- Helping individuals to build relationships and access whatever community activities they would like to take part in
Our community links:
- Local shops and supermarkets
- Good rail links
- Local parks
- Leisure centre