The service can also offer specialist care for those individuals who are on their care pathway from children’s to adult services and also young adults who require tailored support to meet their needs.
Situated in the bustling residential area of Blythe Bridge, Stoke-on-Trent, Glyn House is a large detached property for 5 individuals. We have good transport links with Blythe Bridge station being half a mile away and Stoke-on-Trent less than a ten minute drive.
In the service we have a number of communal areas for individuals including lounge, conservatory, dining room, sensory room as well as a well-equipped activity room. Promoting an individual’s independence is very important to the team and the individuals we support are encouraged to prepare food and drink for themselves and their visitors.
Read about how the team at Glyn House supported Ryan to live more independently.
Developing self-care and daily living skills is a key element of daily life at Glyn House. Externally there is a large garden with plenty of green space allowing residents to relax and enjoy the outdoor space. Person-centred planning is at the heart of everything we do, based on the specific needs of the individuals we support.
“I am an involved parent and I will give praise where praise is due. [The manager] already knows I have given positive feedback about staff under him when appropriate and I strongly feel I would like to give my expressions about [the manager] too. I hope he will continue to work in collaboration with parents to ensure we create a HOME rather than a provision.”Family member
Our resident profile:
- Male and female, aged 18+
- Primary diagnosis of autism and learning disability
- May present with co-morbid presentations:
- Challenging behaviour
- Complex needs / multiple diagnoses
- High and low functioning
- Likely a history of multiple exclusions and placement or family breakdowns
- 4 en-suite bedrooms – the individuals we support are encouraged to personalise their rooms
- 1 single occupancy flat, offering en-suite room, lounge and kitchen/diner
- Communal kitchen, lounges, dining room and utility room
- Activity room
- Sensory room
- Large garden
Our community links:
- Blythe Bridge Library and community centre
- Local shops cafés and restaurants
- Parks and woodlands
- Local special education colleges
“The provision at Glyn House is person-centred more than I have known any previous education or care setting which is evident in terms of the outcomes.”Family member
Please click on the images to enlarge.