Located in Hedge End, Southampton, Devon Lodge has 12 beds; eight in the main house and four in the annexe. The service has plenty of rest and recreation areas, both inside and outside in the large garden, providing a safe and homely environment.
As part of our care pathway, Devon Lodge enables each individual to build upon their skills to achieve further independence, self-advocacy and confidence, leading to a better quality of life.
Our activity co-ordinator supports individuals in creating person-centred activity planners and developing daily living skills both inside the home and out in the community. The integrated multi-disciplinary team (MDT) consists of occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, psychology and psychiatry.
Our staff use least restrictive practice approaches and are trained in specialised intervention techniques and sensory integration strategies.
Case Study: Paul’s Journey
Read about how the team at Devon Lodge transformed Paul’s life.
Our resident profile:
- Adults from the age of 18 years
- Individuals with a diagnosis of autism and learning disability
- May present with behaviours that challenge
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
- May have an ECHP (Education Healthcare Plan)
- May be subjected to DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards) or Care Orders
- En-suite bedrooms
- Dining room
- Large garden
- Activity room
- Sensory room
Our community links:
- New Forest walks
- Eastleigh leisure complex
- Cineworld and Odeon cinema
- Queen Elizabeth Country Park
- Local shops
- On main bus route
- Large retail park
- Autism/learning disability specialist nightclub
Please click on the images to enlarge.