In line with ‘building the right support’, we support individuals who have different levels of need in their own space which is tailored to their own sensory needs.
- 8 en-suite bedrooms and 3 bespoke single occupancy flats in the main house
- 3 bespoke single occupancy flats in the courtyard that is attached to the main house
- 4 bespoke single occupancy flats in the Annexe
- 3 bespoke single occupancy flats in the Gate Lodge
Located in Kings Norton, Birmingham, Cygnet Wast Hills provides support for 21 individuals with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs. The team can also support individuals who may be detained under the Mental Health Act, as well as those who have complex behaviours, or who have significant difficulties with social engagement. We accept emergency referrals and the team is experienced in managing them quickly and efficiently to ensure the transition for the individual is as smooth as possible.
Each service user has their own en-suite bedroom or single occupancy flat that they are encouraged and supported to personalise. The service has an array of facilities, all of which provide a low stimulus environment for individuals who may be experiencing heightened feelings of agitation, including many good sized living areas for service users to choose from, sensory rooms, activity rooms and 3 activity of daily living (ADL) kitchens where individuals are supported to make their own drinks and prepare food.
With six acres of gardens, Cygnet Wast Hills has an abundance of external space to take part in outdoor activities or to sit and relax and take in the beautiful surroundings, some of the flats also have their own private garden.
The highly experienced team work together with service users to provide a holistic, person-centred, comprehensive assessment and care and treatment plan. They ensure individual needs are met in a way that helps achieve stability and discharge to a less restrictive setting. All members of staff are trained in understanding autism and learning disabilities and in how to create a supportive environment for everyone.
Our service user profile:
- Diagnosis or strong clinical opinion of learning disability and autism spectrum disorder
- Individuals will have additional complex needs including co-morbid mental illness, behaviours that challenge, epilepsy, ADHD, personality disorder, significant impairment in social and adaptive functioning
- Individuals may be informal or may be detained under the Mental Health Act / Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- May require bariatric care
- 13 bespoke single occupancy flats
- 8 en-suite bedrooms
- Dining room
- Laundry room
- Sensory rooms
- Sensory garden
- Wildlife garden
- Family room
- Multi-faith room
Our community links:
- Swimming pools, gyms & hydropool
- Bowling alley
- Ice skating
- Cadbury World
- Local farms
- Ackers Adventure
- Sea Life Centre
- Botanical Gardens
- Mini Golf
- West Midlands Safari Park
- Horse riding
- Llama walking
- Palace Theatre
- SnowDome Inflatable Centre
- Theme parks
- Lickey Hills Country Park
- Adult soft play & trampoline parks
- Mencap Community Hub
- Akamba African Heritage Garden Centre
- Birmingham Wildlife Conservation Park
Please click on the images to enlarge.
A Career with Cygnet Wast Hills
Join our amazing nursing teams in Birmingham!
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.