Women often come to us following multiple placement breakdowns, failed treatment programmes or they may be stepping down from secure settings. The service has been designed with wellness in mind, providing a safe and comfortable environment that promotes efficient rehabilitation and recovery. Our aim is to understand, stabilise and break the traumatic cycles of relapse that can impact individual’s lives.
At Cygnet Lodge Salford, our main focus is to give women the skills and confidence to enable them to live independently in the community. Our psychology and occupational therapy led interventions effectively tackle the challenges of mental health and alongside our clinical interventions, we help women enhance their personal skills to rebuild their lives. Our care embraces a balanced approach to risk management and therapeutic optimism.
Located on a quiet residential street, we are within walking distance of local shops and amenities including restaurants, libraries, colleges and places of worship. Just a 20 minute drive away is the popular Trafford Centre which is a large indoor shopping and leisure complex in Greater Manchester.
Case Study: Sophie’s Journey
Read how the team at Cygnet Lodge Salford supported Sophie to rebuild her confidence and return home to her family.
The service has a main ward which has 19 beds, the individuals supported all have their own en-suite facilities whilst also having access to a number of living spaces, a beauty salon, a sensory room, IT room and a therapy kitchen that is attached to a large open plan dining room. Externally there are 2 large gardens allowing plenty of space for garden parties, growing plants / vegetables and also enjoying outdoor activities.
In addition to this, the service also has three bespoke apartments allowing individuals to move in from the main service to safely test out their independent living skills prior to re-integration into the community. We are also able to accept external referrals for these apartments. There are 2 one bed apartments and one three bedroom apartment. Each apartment has its own open plan living space with access to a garden.
Our service user profile:
- Women aged 18+
- Detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) or informal
- Primary diagnosis of mental illness with:
- Complex comorbidities
- Substance, drug and alcohol abuse
- Treatment resistance
- Behaviours that challenge
- May have a secondary diagnosis of mild learning disability, autism spectrum disorder or personality disorder
- Aiming for a return to community or community-based care
- History of abuse and trauma
- Typical diagnoses: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar affective disorder or depression
- May have a forensic history and / or be stepping down from secure services
- May have a history of repeated acute admissions
- En-suite bedrooms
- Bespoke apartments for single and multiple occupancy
- Therapy kitchen
- Dining room
- A variety of living spaces to choose from
- Beauty salon
- Large gardens
- Sensory room
- Computer room
- Therapy room
- Assisted bathroom
- On-site laundry facilities
Please click on the images below to enlarge.
A Career with Cygnet Lodge Salford
Join our amazing nursing teams in Salford!
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.