The service is able to provide robust care and support for young people displaying significant levels of challenging behaviour.
Referrals are accepted from all over the UK. We offer a rapid response system and aim to respond to referral requests within an hour of receiving adequate clinical information.
Faun Ward has full Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT) input including a specialist doctor, psychologist, social worker, occupational therapist, ward manager, consultant psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, speech and language therapist, clinical team leaders, BACP registered therapists, nurses, healthcare assistants, social workers and educational support from full-time teachers and educational support staff.
Service User Profile
- Girls, Aged 12-18
- Detained under the Mental Health Act
- Diagnosis of:
- Self-harm and/or suicidal ideation
- Depression or anxiety
- Emerging personality disorder
- Substance misuse – providing there is a primary diagnosis of a mental health problem
- Emotional, social and behavioural difficulties
- Borderline/mild learning disability as a secondary diagnosis
- Autism spectrum disorders, with a mental health primary diagnosis
- May have a forensic history
- En-suite bedrooms
- Spacious communal areas
- Outdoor sports areas
- On-site Ofsted-registered school, Summit School
- Training kitchen to support skills development
- On-site Café called the Phoenix Café
- Sensory Room
- IT suite