Through our care pathway at Knightstone Ward, we are able to help support and care for individuals who present with complex needs, including Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD). We place an emphasis on a culture of co-production at Knightstone Ward as well as service user and carer participation in each individuals pathway to recovery.
Knightstone Ward offers a full multi-disciplinary team (MDT) which is experienced and skilled in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) model of therapy with a Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) informed approach. We are also able to offer a full DBT programme.
The service at a glance
Rehabilitation is provided in a therapeutic setting, with a level of support matched to individual needs. The aim of the treatment, rehabilitation and re-socialisation programme is to prepare the individuals in our care either for transfer to an environment of lesser security, or for a life in the community.
Our dedicated clinical teams provide a multi-disciplinary approach to rehabilitation, this may include building self-esteem and regaining work skills.
The Knightstone Ward multi-disciplinary team (MDT) includes a hospital manager, ward manager, consultant psychiatrist, clinical manager, psychologist, assistant psychologist, occupational therapist, responsible clinician, specialty doctor, team leaders and support workers, who all work in partnership with the individual, their friends and family, and home teams.
Therapeutic approaches and assessments:
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Psychological formulations
- Psycho-educational groups
- Drug and alcohol groups
- Voices and noises groups
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- START assessments
- Psychometric Assessments including the WAIS
- Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Behavioural family therapy
- Art therapy
- Drama therapy
- Music therapy
- Comprehensive community links to support vocational / educational, self-care and leisure opportunities
Service user profile:
- Female, aged 18+
- Complex mental health needs, challenging behaviours and a primary or secondary diagnosis of personality disorder
- Subject to a section of the Mental Health Act
- May have a history of substance misuse or dependency
- May have experienced regular placement breakdowns
- Sustained relational and social functioning problems
- Forensic or non-forensic history
- Capacity to engage