The treatment model we provide at Cygnet Hospital Clifton is delivered in the context of a cohesive multidisciplinary, psychologically informed team approach, with the patient at its centre. We aim to create opportunities for sustained positive behavioural change, by applying a consistent approach where the men in our care feel encouraged to develop positive interpersonal skills to reduce maladaptive or pathological behaviours.
The hospital is set out across two wards; Ancaria Ward is the admissions/ initial treatment ward, which offers a defined pathway through to Acorn Ward, which has a focus on rehabilitation, in preparation for moving on into the community or supported living.
At Cygnet Hospital Clifton we aim to sequence interventions according to Professor Livesley’s integrated treatment model. The therapeutic milieu aims to ensure consistency and optimal conditions for growth and change in a positive and effective environment.
“Just a quick thank you for being so pleasant, lovely, kind and respectful to me. It is a pleasure to work with you all and also the MDT team. I feel you are all very approachable and always made me feel reassured whilst residing here with my recent positive progress. You are all professionals but you are all also human beings and I respect you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you.”Service user
Service user profile:
- Men, aged 18+
- Primary diagnosis of personality disorder, including anti-social personality disorder
- Detained under the Mental Health Act, including Ministry of Justice restrictions
- Requiring assessment and treatment in a secure environment
- May have a history of trauma
Prison Transfer Programme
We also offer a specialised three month prison transfer programme, for stabilisation and assessment of prisoners whose mental health needs cannot be met in the prison environment.
- Referrals and assessment: We provide a rapid response to referrals, assessment within the prison environment, quick decision on suitability for transfer within five working days and liaison with MOJ over transfer warrants
- Comprehensive inpatient assessment: Twelve week assessment programme including full diagnostic and risk formulations, IQ and neurological assessments, stabilisation, treatment plan
- En-suite bedrooms
- Extensive secure gardens
- ADL kitchen
- Woodwork shop
- IT classroom
- Recovery College
Please click on the images to enlarge.
A Career with Cygnet Hospital Clifton
Join our amazing nursing teams in Nottingham!
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.