Our service users may have complex trauma histories or have experienced regular placement breakdowns. At Cygnet Aspen Clinic we provide a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to care and treatment with a focus on recovery and co-production with service users.
“When I first came to Cygnet Aspen Clinic it was my 8th unit in 2.5 years. I thought they would keep me a couple of weeks and send me on my way, say I was too risky and unsuitable like everywhere else. But look at me now going back into the community. Yes, as you have said to me I have worked hard, but I have to thank every one of your doctors, nurses, support workers, psychologists and occupational therapists. You have all been part of my road to recovery. You have all believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself. You have pushed me to achieve my goals. I have to say thank you for everything. I am going to miss you all!”Service user, Cygnet Aspen Clinic
Our approach – a modular treatment pathway
At Cygnet Aspen Clinic we operate an integrated modular approach to treatment for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder, accounting for diagnostic differences, NICE guidelines and the work of Livesley (2004). Our multi-modal treatment pathway consists of a range of therapeutic models including Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT), and Compassion focused Therapy (CFT).
Therapeutic approaches and assessments
Our therapeutic interventions are tailored to individual presenting needs, based on comprehensive psychological formulations undertaken on admission. The assessment tools we use include:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Compassion-focused Therapy (CFT)
- Trauma based Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Structured Clinical Interview for PD (SCID-5-PD)
- Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory (MCMI)
- Difficulties in Emotion Regulation Scale (DERS)
- Beck Anxiety Inventory (BAI), Beck Depression Inventory (BDI), Beck Hopelessness Scale (BHS)
- The Awareness of Social Inference Test (TASIT)
- Chart of Interpersonal Reactions in Closed Living Environments (CIRCLE)
- Aspects of Identity Questionnaire (AIQ)
- Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (WEMWBS)
- Model of Human Occupation Screening Tool (MOHOST)
- Assessment of Communication and Interaction Skills (ACIS)
Service user profile
- Female, aged 18+
- Primary or secondary diagnosis of personality disorder with associated complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours
- May be informal or subject to a section of the Mental Health Act
- Referrals accepted from Tiers 1-4
- Sustained relational and social functioning problems
- May have a forensic history
- May have a history of substance misuse or dependency
- May have experienced regular placement breakdowns
Please click on the images to enlarge.
To make a referral please contact the Cygnet referrals team via 0808 164 4450 or by emailing [email protected].
A Career with Cygnet Aspen Clinic
Join our amazing nursing teams in Doncaster!
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.