At Cygnet Alders Clinic we provide a specialist psychologically informed personality disorder pathway across three living areas; Severn, for assessment and stabilisation; Avon, where service users move as they engage and progress with their treatment pathway; and Coln, which focuses on transitioning to the community.
We have a substantive multi-disciplinary team (MDT) comprising of a hospital manager, clinical manager, head of psychology, head of occupational therapy, ward managers, drama therapist, 2 psychology assistant, OT assistant, activity co-ordinator, specialty doctor, 11 RMN nurses, senior support workers and support workers. We work closely with the local community and primary care.
We promote physical health, wellbeing and meaningful occupation as part of our treatment programme, using strong community links to facilitate individualised wellbeing plans.
Cygnet Alders Clinic is on the Welsh Hospital Framework with specialist service status.
Former service user returns to Cygnet Alders Clinic to help others
Natasha, a former service user from Gloucester, has returned to Cygnet Alders Clinic, the hospital which oversaw her treatment, in order to help other women struggling with their mental health.
We adopt an integrated modular approach to treatment for women with a diagnosis of personality disorder, accounting for diagnostic differences, NICE guidelines and the work of Livesley (2004).
With a focus on interpersonal relationships, we use individual formulation to deliver a personalised and integrated combination of psychotherapeutic and pharmacological interventions. These can include:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Informed Approach
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Schema Focused Therapy (SBT)
Our aim is to address the core features of personality disorder: emotional regulation, interpersonal functioning, and self-identity and to prepare the women in our care for a transition to life back in the community.
Service user profile
- Women, aged 18+
- Complex mental health needs, behaviours that challenge and emotional instability which may be characterised by a diagnosis of personality disorder or history of complex trauma
- May be detained under the Mental Health Act
- May have a history of substance misuse
- May have experienced regular placement breakdowns
- Sustained relational and social functioning problems
- Forensic or non-forensic history
- Capacity to engage
- Referrals accepted from Tiers 1-4
Please click on the images to enlarge.
A Career with Cygnet Alders Clinic
Join our amazing nursing teams in Gloucester!
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.