Rehabilitation is provided in a therapeutic setting, with a level of security matched to individual needs. The aim of the treatment, rehabilitation and re-socialisation programme is to prepare the individuals in our care either for transfer to an environment of lesser security, or for a life in the community.
Our dedicated clinical teams provide a multi-disciplinary approach to rehabilitation. This includes occupational therapy, social work and vocational training.
Blog: Skye’s Journey
Skye, a former service user, shares her experience at Cygnet Acer Clinic including how they helped her move to the community.
- START assessments
- Integrated approach combining different models of therapy (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and Schema informed)
- Pre-engagement group
- Personality Disorder psychoeducation
- Systems Training for Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving (STEPPS)
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) and ‘My Safety Plan’
- Comprehensive community links to support vocational/educational, self-care and leisure opportunities
Our service user profile
- Female, aged 18+
- Complex mental health needs, challenging behaviours and a primary or secondary diagnosis of personality disorder
- Subject to a section of the Mental Health Act
- May have a history of substance misuse or dependency
- May have experienced regular placement breakdowns
- Sustained relational and social functioning problems
- Forensic or non-forensic history
- Capacity to engage
- Referrals accepted from Tiers 1-4