On site we have our multi-disciplinary team (MDT) who assist and support us to provide outcome based care and support pathways. The integrated MDT consists of psychiatry, psychology, occupational therapy and speech and language therapy. The team supports the development of daily living skills and reduction in maladaptive behaviours.
Broughton House is divided into five different areas to support individuals within smaller environments. The main part of the building offers nine beds, with four beds in both the Coach House and The Flat. On-site there are two separate properties, Sutton House and Sandbeck House, each with six beds.
Each unit within Broughton House offers the individuals we support individualised living spaces, creating an environment that will support them for moving along their care pathway to more independent living. As part of their pathway, we enable them to build their skills to help them achieve the things they want out of life. Set in a beautiful rural location, the service has plenty of outdoor space for individuals to enjoy, including countryside walks that help support those who are anxious in crowded spaces. The individuals we support can gain skills through extended learning on ASDAN courses.
Our staff use least restrictive practice approaches and are trained in specialised safety intervention techniques and sensory integration strategies.
Our resident profile:
- Diagnosis of learning disability and autism
- Behaviours that may challenge
- Communication challenges
- Associated complex needs
- May be leaving an education provision
- May have an ECHP (Education Healthcare Plan)
- May be subjected to DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards) or Care Orders
- En-suite bedrooms
- Spacious communal lounges and dining rooms
- Multi-sensory room
- Recreational and arts facilities
- Expansive grounds with large courtyard, the orchard, netball/ basketball court, swings, trampoline and other play equipment
- Computer suite
Our community links:
- Whitepost Farm
- Newark Castle
- Local leisure centres and swimming pools
- Stapleford Wood
- Whisby Nature Reserve
- Rural Countryside Walks
- Village amenities
Please click on the images to enlarge.