At Beacon House we encourage and enable the residents to lead a full and happy life. We work with each individual to find out their strengths, abilities and preferences so that the care provided can be as person-centred to each individual as possible.
The service is in a great location in Wibsey, Bradford, close to many community facilities and also on the doorstep of some beautiful countryside walks. The residents are encouraged to be involved in the local community and also supported to visit the city centre which is a 15 minute bus ride away, there is no shortage of community integration.
Beacon House is split into 6 different living units across 4 floors enabling individuals to live in smaller groups. We have a 3-bed, a 5-bed and four 4-bed units. Each living unit has its own lounge, dining room, kitchen, bathrooms and en-suite facilities (some with full bathrooms and some with en-suite toilet). Externally we have a large garden with space for playing games and also a number of picnic tables allowing for summer entertaining.
In conjunction with the other local Cygnet residential services, we have some fantastic projects that residents can attend regularly including bakery, textiles and horticultural work. These projects introduce vocational and learning activities designed to give residents the opportunity to learn valuable skills and develop confidence.
Individuals may come to Beacon House for many reasons. They may be moving through their care pathway from a hospital setting or may require extra support during a difficult period in their life, or they could be on a pathway to a place of their own.
Our resident profile:
- Adults from the age of 18 years
- Individuals with a primary diagnosis of learning disability accompanied with behaviours that challenge including mental illness or a forensic background
- Individuals with a secondary diagnosis of autism or dementia
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
Our community links:
- Cafés, restaurants and gastropubs
- Local colleges & libraries
- Leisure and sporting facilities nearby
- Cinema, bowling and other leisure facilities
- Beautiful parks and countryside on the doorstep
- Great public transport links
- Barbers and hairdressers
- En-suite bedrooms
- Dining room
- Large garden suitable for entertaining and playing sports
Please click on the images to enlarge.