We encourage and enable the individuals we support to lead a full and happy life. We work with them to ensure they have more choice and control in their lives. We find out their strengths, abilities and preferences so that the care provided can be as person-centred and meaningful to each individual as possible.
Dove Valley Mews offers three apartments, a three, two and one bed apartment, totalling 6 beds. These are configured to meet the needs of the residents which includes communal living areas and an enclosed outdoor garden.
Promoting an individual’s independence is very important at Dove Valley Mews, so we ensure that we have a robust transition plan in place so that we can focus on the needs of that individual. The team ensure that the support provided is person-centred to each resident. Everything we do is catered around their needs, whether that be going out on an excursion, visiting their families or perhaps even making their own cup of tea.
Our resident profile:
- Adults from the age of 18 years
- Individuals with a primary diagnosis of learning disability accompanied with behaviours that challenge including mental illness or a forensic background
- Individuals with a secondary diagnosis of personality disorder or autism
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
- Six en-suite bedrooms
- Dining room
- Garden with outdoor seating
- Suitable for wheelchair users
Our community links:
- Barnsley Metrodome Water Park
- The Botanical Gardens
- Leisure Centres
- Barnsley Town Centre
Click on the images below to enlarge.