Our new service has been created as a step-down service from Adarna Ward at Cygnet Hospital Wyke in Bradford. This enables individuals to continue to work on their independent living skills while being in a safe environment – with the advantage of continuing access to the same multi-disciplinary team (MDT). The service also accepts external referrals.
The MDT will work together with service users to provide a holistic, person-centred, comprehensive assessment and care and treatment plan. The team will ensure individual’s needs are met in a way that helps achieve stability and discharge to a less restrictive setting.
Cygnet Adarna House is located in the suburbs of Wibsey in Bradford and the team will focus on ensuring the individuals they support are part of their local community and can access education, employment and other opportunities to meet their needs. The service also benefits from great public transport links to local towns and cities including Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds and Manchester.
We can also support men who are not actively showing signs of immediate risk, but who may need to develop their independent living skills, or require support with their mental health needs. Service users are supported to be actively involved in their own rehabilitation.
The team are highly experienced in supporting individuals with ASD. All members of staff are trained in understanding ASD and in how to create a supportive environment for everyone. The service has an array of facilities, all of which provide a low stimulus environment for individuals who may be experiencing heightened feelings of agitation. The service has been decorated in consultation with service users from Adarna Ward.
Read Caleb’s blog about his experience at Cygnet Adarna House through to the present day.
Our service user profile:
- Men aged 18+
- Primary diagnosis of mental illness with complex needs
- Secondary diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder
- Typical diagnoses: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar affective disorder, psychosis, stress disorder, personality disorder or depression
- May be detained under civil and forensic sections or informal
- May present with forensic history
- May include history of substance misuse
- 9 En-suite bedrooms
- Lounges including quiet space
- Dining room
- Sensory provision
- Games and activity room
- Private visitors room
- Large gardens
Our community links:
- Local community opportunities for volunteering or vocational work
- Locals shops, supermarkets and shopping complexes
- Local Parks
- Great public transport links with a local bus stop with transport to Bradford, Leeds and Halifax city centres
- Leisure centres and restaurants
Please click on the images to enlarge.