The new service offers individuals the opportunity to be active members of their local community whilst holding their own tenancy agreement with a registered housing association.
Supported Living is an important step towards independence. We know how important it is for individuals to have the right support so they can live the life they want to live.
Cygnet Health Care are experienced in supporting individuals who may lack capacity to choose where they live and would work closely alongside our commissioning partners to ensure that correct legal frameworks are in place in order for them to live successfully in the community.
Offering experienced, trained staff twenty-four hours a day, the service benefits from a core staffing team. Each tenant would be allocated an experienced and consistent staff team and training would be bespoke to individual support needs which enables tenants to live as independently and safely as possible.
When individuals come to North East Supported Living, we take the time to get to know them, their preferences, as well as their hopes and dreams for the future. We will support individuals with a personal discharge plan to achieve their goals and aspirations and ensure they feel they are in control of their own life.
How we support individuals:
- Working with them to find out their strengths, abilities and preferences – We get to know them, their families, carers advocates and other people who are important to them and their care and support
- Helping individuals to set goals as part of their support plan
- Working with individuals to help them achieve their goals
- Making sure that individuals have easy read information about their rights and choices in whatever format and language they choose
- Providing person-centred practical help for individuals, such as training and support on how to manage their home, their money, gardening, housework and healthy living
- Helping individuals to build relationships and access whatever community activities they would like to take part in
- Local shops and supermarkets
- Good rail links
- Local parks
- Leisure centre