Adele Cottages are two spacious 1 bedroom houses down a quiet country lane in Rainworth, Nottinghamshire. The houses have plenty of communal spaces including large gardens, lounges and kitchens where individuals are supported to develop their daily living skills.
We provide support to our residents by providing them with the ability to enhance and maintain their daily living skills. In order to encourage each individual to maintain autonomy and independence as far as possible, individuals are not excluded from undertaking activities simply because there is an element of risk involved. Positive risk taking is considered an integral part of living.
Individuals are assessed and a plan of support is devised to support them, which includes relapse prevention. Residents are supported to attend and participate in the local community. The local community organisations in turn are also encouraged to visit the service.
Our resident profile:
- Male, aged 18+
- Primary diagnosis of mild / borderline learning disability
- May have autism spectrum disorder
- May be informal, on a Community Treatment Order (CTO) or Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
Our community links:
- Sutton Centre Community College and West Nottinghamshire College
- Local shops and supermarkets
- Voluntary work
- Dove Dance: a popular local disco
- Stable management and horse riding (Bolsover)
- Bike riding, walks and picnics at Sherwood Pines
- Vocational links: Forestry Commission, PAVES, grass roots, Willow Tree Farm, Bumbles Café
- Craft / woodwork sessions Local church
- Oaktree and Creswell Leisure Centres