Person-centred planning is at the heart of everything we do, based on each person’s specific needs. We understand that consistency and continuity of care is important for the individuals we care for.
Elston House has six en-suite bedrooms in the main part of the house and a two bedroom apartment, which has its own kitchen, living and dining space to promote more independent living. The main part of the house has a lounge, dining room, activity & computer room and a sensory room, as well as a spacious kitchen where individuals are encouraged to practice their daily living skills.
The home is located in the small rural village of Elston, yet Lincoln, Newark and Nottingham are not far away. Elston House has extensive grounds that cover approximately five acres which includes an enclosed garden and managed woodlands.
As part of our care pathway, we enable each individual to build upon their skills to achieve further independence, self-advocacy and confidence, leading to a better quality of life. The team supports each individual to create person-centred activity planners and develop daily living skills both inside the home and out in the community. The integrated multi-disciplinary team (MDT) consists of occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, psychology and psychiatry. Our staff use least restrictive practice approaches and are trained in specialised intervention techniques and sensory integration strategies.
We understand that the relationships our residents have with their family and friends are very important and integral to their wellbeing. Therefore, we ensure that we enable the individual to stay in touch with loved ones and can facilitate home visits.
Our resident profile:
- Adults from the age of 18 years
- Individuals with a diagnosis of autism and learning disability
- May present with behaviours that challenge
- May have communication challenges
- May have associated complex needs
- May be subjected to DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
- En-suite bedrooms
- Dining room
- 5 acres of gardens, managed woodland, sensory garden, vegetable patches and tennis courts
- Activities of daily living kitchen
- Sensory room
- 2 bed apartment
Our community links:
- Leisure Centres
- Retail parks and local shops
- Cinemas and bowling alleys
- Restaurants, pubs and cafés
- Good public transport links
- Local parks
- Theme parks
Please click on the images to enlarge.